Weight loss can be achieved by adopting natural methods and some herbs help in reducing weight by controlling chemical reactions in the body. Read this article to find herbs for weight loss.
Being overweight and obesity is a modern age health disorder that affects millions of people around the world. Being overweight or obese is dangerous in a sense because it invites all kinds of chronic diseases like high blood pressure, high blood sugar, respiratory problems which can lead to regular intake of a good number of pills and medicines for the rest of life.
Daily mounting pressures, workloads, tension increases the desire for food and coupled with sedentary lifestyle things like being overweight and obesity seem out of control putting numbers out of shape followed by a chain of physical distractions. The result of unhealthy eating habits due to frequent food cravings and a much higher calorie intake than burning them.
Can herbs help in weight loss?
There is no specific drug available than guaranteed weight loss. This weight loss can only be achieved by adopting natural methods and some herbs help in reducing weight by controlling chemical reactions in the body.
- Green tea – Taking green tea extract twice a day before breakfast and lunch helps in burning fat. But one must be careful not to take more of this tea.
- Guggul, a popular herb in Ayurveda known to reduce blood cholesterol and also helps in significant weight loss within three months.
- Aloe vera juice helps in improving digestion and cleansing the digestive tract. Proper digestive function helps in weight loss.
- Coconut oil is a rich source of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) but they do not lead to weight gain but help in weight loss by increasing the incidence of thermo (heat production).
- Fenugreek seeds aid in weight loss by dissolving liver fat.
- Kelp is seaweed which is rich in vitamins, antioxidants and iodine. It is helpful in reducing thyroid related obesity and helps in increasing metabolism.
- Banana or Psyllium seeds have chewy fiber (mucus) and polyphenols in the leaves. Taking these seeds regularly sheds a good amount of weight especially in women.
- Malabar tamarind is a yellowish fruit that contains lipogenic inhibitors that prevent fat production.
- Evening primrose contains Tryptophan which helps in weight loss. Taking half teaspoon of primrose oil daily thrice a day gives good results.
- Dandelion reduces cravings for sweets and also helps in detoxification which in turn reduces weight. Taking raw dandelion leaves in a salad or drinking its root tea helps in weight loss.
Keep in mind that only herbal therapy will not cause the desired weight loss. Lifestyle changesFeature articles, physical exercise and a healthy diet should be followed along with this herbal therapy to produce the best results.